If it is a crisis,
It is important that you act and ACT NOW.
Everyone should know what to do if your friend or family member is in imminent risk of suicide - that is where they may hurt themselves soon if they do not get crisis support.
If you believe it to be a crisis, it is suggested that you
- Try to find the person, or contact others who can help find them
- If you are with the person, do not leave them alone unless it is unsafe for you to do so
- Get the person to Emergency, a doctor or other health support
- Call 000 for assistance
- Try to remove any items that you see may be dangerous
- Click the button for for contact numbers and websites that can provide advice and support
Follow the LifeRAFT principles
Recognise, Respond, Refer
(to medical agencies, support groups)
Act in a timely way
Follow through and follow up
Take care of yourself